Breaking News

Jumping into my new role!

View this email in your browser

 Dear Aamir,

Canadian Geographic has been the highlight of my career as a journalist. I joined the organization over six years ago as the social media editor and now, I'm delighted to be writing to you as the new Editor-in-Chief. As one of my first acts in the role, I've decided to challenge myself by taking part in the #RCGSPolarPlunge. By donating today, you will not only get to see me jump in a frozen lake, but you will also be helping to support our award-winning journalistic work. 

Support CanGeo

Words cannot express how excited I am for the future of Canadian Geographic. In this critical time when the Canadian media landscape and how people choose to consume information are rapidly changing, we remain a trusted voice. I look forward to working with our amazing team of editors and designers, our incredible cartographer, and our national network of writers, photographers and illustrators to share stories about Canada that inform and inspire. 

If seeing me jump into frozen Meech Lake isn't enough, I will be joined by the Honourable Catherine McKenna, former federal Minister of Environment and Climate Change; Chief Perry Bellegarde, Honorary President of the RCGS; David McGuffin, host of Explore: a Canadian Geographic podcast, and Andrew Lovesey, Director of Digital and Video for Canadian Geographic

Help make the jump happen!

I'm ready to jump into my new role — literally! Please donate to help us reach our goal so that we can continue to bring you the best writing and photography about Canada across all our platforms. 

Donate today

Thank you in advance for your support and trust in the work we do here at Canadian Geographic

Alex Pope 
Editor-in-Chief

 

P.s: If you become a monthly donor, I will send you one of our very warm and cozy Canadian Geographic toques! 

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Website
Copyright © 2022 Canadian Geographic, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.

Our mailing address is:
Canadian Geographic
50 Sussex Drive
Ottawa, ON K1M2K1
Canada

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments